What is Source Tagging?
Source Tagging is the process of applying an Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) or Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) Label or Hard tag to a retail product’s packaging or the product itself at the point of manufacture or packaging.
Essentially, retail product vendors, consumer goods manufacturers, and product packaging companies are required to embed Acousto-Magnetic (AM), Radio-Frequency (RF) or RFID labels or hard tags into products or product packaging before the products are shipped to retailers. This allows retailers to eliminate the high cost and inefficiency associated with in-store tagging, and the process of moving the products out onto the sales floor is much quicker.
Whether a product must be tagged with an AM, RF or RFID Label or Hard Tag depends on what type of detection systems the retailer has installed in their stores. The adhesive labels are typically applied to hard goods, while the hard tags are used for apparel tagging.
Please refer to the White Paper on this page for more information regarding tagging apparel at the source with our Hard Tag recirculation services.
Not only is our Tag Recirculation service the most cost-effective, efficient, and secure way to tag apparel, it is also the only environmentally friendly method of apparel tagging.
ALL-Tag is a global manufacturer and supplier of RF, AM and RFID labels and hard tags. Our distribution centers around the world ensure immediate deliveries to any retailer’s source tagging vendors. ALL-TAG has been helping retailers and their source tagging partners begin and sustain efficient tagging programs since the year 2000. Providing source tagging services and manufacturing products to be used for source tagging is our core business, specialty, and expertise.
There is currently a large number of retail companies around the world that source tag their merchandise. For example, Walmart, Kohl’s, Target, Dollar General, CVS, Walgreens, Family Dollar, Rite Aid, Aldi, Tesco, Carrefour, Urban Outfitters, Sainsbury, Barnes & Noble, Lid1, Dixons, Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot, JC Penney, Kroger, Banana Republic, Lululemon, El Corte Ingles, and Matalan all source tag some of their merchandise. At the bottom of this page, we have listed retailers according to the type of security label or security tag they use to source tag their hard goods or apparel. ALL-TAG is currently involved in source tagging with some of the retailers in this list, but not all of them. Please contact us for more information about retailers and their source tagging requirements.
Please keep in mind that this is a dynamic page because source-tagging requirements often change. We will make sure this page continues to be a great resource by keeping it current and updated.
Please contact ALL-Tag if you need further information regarding source-tagging with RF, AM and RFID labels and hard tags: firstname.lastname@example.org
Popular RF Labels
Popular AM Labels
Popular AM and RF Hard Tags
Popular Ink Tags
Below is a list of the largest retailers that require their vendors to source tag with RF Labels, AM Labels, Hard Tags, or Ink Tags.
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Rite Aid
- Fred Meyer
- Urban Outfitters
- TJ Maxx / TK Maxx
- Barnes & Noble
- Big Lots
- Home Depot
- Best Buy
- Office Depot / OfficeMax
- JC Penney
- Zara / Inditex
- Banana Republic
- Piazza Italia
- Guess Europe
- Walmart Chile
- Old Navy
- El Corte Ingles
- Fred Meyer
AM Ink Tags
- JC Penney
- RF (Radio Frequency) Labels are used to source tag merchandise in Kohl’s, Dollar General, Walgreens, Target, CVS, Family Dollar, Rite Aid, Aldi, Tesco, Fred Meyer, Carrefour, Ulta, TJ Maxx & TK Maxx, Urban Outfitters, Metro, Sainsbury, H&M, HEB, Barnes & Noble, Big Lots, Lidl, Dixon’s and many other retailers. ALL-Tag produces a wide variety of RF labels to protect any type of retail merchandise that must be source tagged.
- AM (Acousto Magnetic) Labels are used to source tag merchandise in Home Depot, Best Buy, Lowe’s, NEXT, Boots, Office Depot / OfficeMax, Staples, Walmart, ASDA, JC Penney, Chedraui, Kroger and many other retailers. ALL-Tag supplies AM labels that are comparable in performance to the Sensormatic AM labels, and can be used to protect any type of any type of retail merchandise that must be source tagged.
- Sensormatic VST-R Tags are used to source tag merchandise in Zara (Inditex), Banana Republic, HEB, Walmart Chile, Guess Europe, Lululemon, Piazza Italia, Capri and many other retailers. ALL-Tag resells Sensormatic VST-R Tags, and supplies their own brand of comparable tags (E-Tags) that are used to protect any type of retail apparel that must be source tagged.
- RF Source Tags are used to source tag merchandise in Gap, Kohl’s Old Navy, El Corte Ingles, Matalan, Fred Meyers and many other retailers. ALL-Tag produces a wide variety of RF Source Tags to protect any type of apparel merchandise that must be source tagged.
- AM Ink Tags are used to source tag merchandise in JC Penney. ALL-Tag produces a wide variety of AM Ink Tags to protect any type of apparel merchandise that must be source tagged.