Ink pins provide an active deterrent against shoplifting without having to purchase and install expensive and complicated security systems. If a security system is already installed in a store, ink pins can be attached to Sensormatic, Checkpoint or any other type of EAS security tag to create a double measure of protection against theft.
Ink pins are referred to as benefit/denial products, because they deny shoplifters the benefit of the stolen merchandise. If a shoplifter attempts to forcibly disconnect a Universal Ink Pin from its locking device, the ink vials will erupt and ink will spill out onto the garment permanently defacing it. Statistics show that shoplifters are deterred from stealing when the target merchandise can neither be worn nor sold.
The Universal Ink Pin can be connected to merchandise in a variety of ways. In a “stand-alone” mode, the pin is combined with a locking mechanism called a “clutch”. The white cone-shaped object illustrated in the picture below is a Universal Clutch, which was designed specifically for our Universal Ink Pins. For retailers using EAS, the Universal Ink Pin is compatible with any EAS tag – adding a double measure of protection.
- With a 41 mm (1.6″) outer shell, the Universal Ink Pin is the smallest ink tag on the market. The two ink vials are standard industry size.
- This Ink Pin uses a water based, non-flammable, non-dry cleanable, non-washable, non-freezable ink.
- Our Universal Ink Pin is equipped with a durable stainless steel pin.
- The size of the Universal Ink Pin ensures that the entire length of the ink vials rests against the protected article of clothing. This allows the maximum amount of ink to make contact with the clothing after the ink has been dispersed.
- The patented “Breakage Indicator Panel” on the top of the Universal Ink Pin allows the ink to be dispersed in all directions. This panel is also a visual indication to the retailer that the ink pin has been broken. You can go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGdj9VAfdGw&feature=feedu to see a video showing the effectiveness of the breakage panel.
|ALL-TAG Ink Tag Specifications|
|Number of Vials||2|
|Ink Fluids||water based, non-flammable, non-dry cleanable, non-washable, non-freezable ink|
|Breakage Indicator||Top of the Universal Ink Pin|